It is the oldest in the city, finished in the last years of XVI century. During the colonial days it was the main center of culture in the city. In Santo Domingo cloisters lived Saint Martin de Porras ( 1579-1639). The remains of this saint of those of Santa Rosa de Lima ( 1586-1617) are located here. Although the entrances is pretty simple it has a magnificent tower in rococo style. We have here outstanding sculptures: one of Santa Rosa made by Melchor Caffa ( XVII century), a Christ of the Juan Bautista Vasquez school and a Virgin of Rosary of Roque de Badulaque ( XVII century).