The Torre Tagle Palace is a building built during the viceregal period of Peru. Currently, it serves as the headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Peru. It covers a built area of 1699 m². The materials used in the construction of the Torre Tagle Palace were brought from Spain, Panama and other countries. The mansion was built at the beginning of the 18th century and was completed in 1735 for José Bernardo de Tagle Bracho who, on November 26, 1730, King Felipe V of Spain, by virtue of his extensive services to the Crown, granted the title by Marqués de Torre Tagle, thus making him the founder of that marquisate.