This building dates from the XVI century. Don Jerónimo de Aliaga, companion of Pizarro and one who took part in the foundation of Lima began to build it. It is located over an old pre-Hispanic temple. This house is adorned with beautiful tiles of the XVII century and part of ifs construction is in cedar and mahogany brought from Panama and Nicaragua.
The archeological complex Huaca Pucllana ( also known as Juliana) has a site museum and workshops for research. The site was a ceremonial and administration center. It belongs to the Lima culture 200 A.D. Part of this construction belongs to Wari and Ichimay cultures ( 1000 A.D).
Founded on 1926 Larco Museum has a chronological exhibition of pre-Columbian pieces some of them with more than 3000 years of antiquity. The collection has gold and silver pieces as well as a collection of erotic ceramics.
Located at 31 km. South of Lima is one of the most important pre-Hispanic ceremonial cen ters in the Peruvian coast and it was the place where the most important oracle of Peru was located. It was build by the Lima culture and the Incas kept it intact and was even enlarged due to its great importance. Today we can observe the UrpiWachak temple, Pachacamac wife. From here was obtained most of the gold used by Atahualpa to his ransom to Pizarro.
Located in the Parque de la Reserva the Magic Water Circuit ( also known as Lima Water Park) is a touristic attraction in Lima. The popularity of this place is due to the spectacle offered by the thirteen ornamental fountains which combine music, light and water. All this complemented by the beautiful gardens.
This Jesuit church enjoyed the predilection of the Lima aristocracy during the XVIII century.
The exterior has a renaissance character. The interior has one of the best samples of baroque. To note the luxurious main altar, 14 chapels in retablos worked in great detail and the sacristy that has several paintings of the Cuzco school. The coronation of the Virgin, one of the first painting of Bernardo Bitti must be observed.
It is the oldest in the city, finished in the last years of XVI century. During the colonial days it was the main center of culture in the city. In Santo Domingo cloisters lived Saint Martin de Porras ( 1579-1639). The remains of this saint of those of Santa Rosa de Lima ( 1586-1617) are located here. Although the entrances is pretty simple it has a magnificent tower in rococo style. We have here outstanding sculptures: one of Santa Rosa made by Melchor Caffa ( XVII century), a Christ of the Juan Bautista Vasquez school and a Virgin of Rosary of Roque de Badulaque ( XVII century).
Monumental building of the XVII which housed the San Antonio de Abad seminar, the Real Convictory and the San Carlos school. Afterwards it housed the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos ( the oldest one in America) which was inaugurated the 12 May 1551.
It has a baroque chapel, a neoclassic room for debating and colonial patios in a semi-circular way.
Shows in a real way the persecution and torture of those accused of heresy and other sins during the colonial times.
Fine collection of colonial arte; paintings, sculpture, furniture and silverware.
A collection of beautiful textiles mostly of the Chancay civilization 1200 A.D.
A collection of ceramics or “huacos”, textiles and handicraft works dating from the pre-inca and Inca times. It is considered the most complete and significant exhibition of Peru. The collection has also furniture, paintings and sculpture of colonial times.
One of the most famous private collections with more than 4000 pieces of gold, silver and jewelry dating from the pre –inca and Inca time. It has also on exhibition the biggest arm collection of the world.